All of our training programs are certified by the National Safety Council, Ohio EPA, and Michigan EGLE.
We host a full day confined space training class at MTech on the second Wednesday of each month. $150/attendee. Contact us to sign up.
One of the best investments you can make is in well-trained employees. Workers who know what they’re doing are more engaged, reduce workplace injuries and improve efficiency.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) governs many aspects of the workplace. They, along with several other organizations, have certified the courses we offer here at MTech. If you want to show your employees the ins and outs of safe behaviors, an OSHA-approved training course is an excellent choice.
Benefits of Training
The safety benefits of training courses are clear. Throughout the workday, employees may end up in particularly hazardous environments. Anything you can do to keep them safe and out of harm’s way is worthwhile. It also makes economic sense, too, since fewer injuries means fewer payouts for compensation.
Don’t take our word for it. There are plenty of numbers to back up an investment in employee training:
- OSHA-10 training showed significant improvements in trainee behavior. Participants in one course saw significant improvements in safe behaviors, like not carrying items on ladders, checking a scaffold for proper construction and asking for personal protective equipment (PPE).
- That same publication found that even just a small percentage of decreased injuries and deaths could result in hundreds of millions of dollars saved.
- The average cost of an OSHA-10 course is just over $200 per trainee, and can generate savings of over $100,000 per incident.
- Almost 90% of participants found that the OSHA-10 training gave them knowledge that made them feel safer at work.
Of course, not every benefit is easily quantifiable. Aside from cost savings and prevented injuries, employee training can also help employees:
- Feel more confident and comfortable in the workplace.
- Be more satisfied in their jobs with a safer workplace that also encourages their professional development.
- Advance in their careers by gaining more knowledge and expertise in their field.
- Understand the value behind the safety tasks they perform each day.
All of these aspects can become cost benefits, too. Happier employees are more likely to stick around and their training stays in the company.
Many of our training programs are certified by the National Safety Council (NSC), the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy (EGLE).
We also have endorsements by the National Association of Sewer Service Companies (NASSCO) and, of course, OSHA. Most of our courses also include hands-on experiences and can be conducted at our facility or yours. All of them qualify for EPA credit hours.
MTech Training for a Safer Workplace
If you want a safer workspace, empowered employees and the cost savings that come from fewer injuries, MTech can help. We’ve been training employees on safe work behaviors for decades and have helped companies across Ohio and Michigan reduce their risk for incidents.
We offer competitive pricing and large class sizes. Plus, we can come to you at a low cost or even no additional cost. To learn more about our courses and working with MTech trainers, contact us today.